Friday 14 August 2015

What shd I do increase Idl cholesterol level?

I am a pure vegetarian. My age is 30 yr and my weight is 82 kg. As per my lipid profile my ldl cholesterol level is low, just 58. Hdl 48, triglyceride 160 and total cholesterol 126. What should I do for increase my ldl cholesterol level.


  
Pritam Mohapatra

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Alternative Medicine
Hi anjan, what are your immediate health issues? your lipid profile values as you report look all good. Your triglyceride levels, although a little higher than the higher reference limit, can very well be controlled with a healthy & balanced diet, proper lifestyle with adequate room for daily exercise/ walking, relaxation and distressing. At the same time it is also advisable for one to restrict alcohol & stop smoking completely. As regards cholesterol, ldl cholesterol is, in fact, bad cholesterol while hdl cholesterol is the one which is good for our health. So no need to increase levels of ldl cholesterol. It is advisable that you get your reports verified by a general physician as well, Hope this helps. All the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment